- To assist targeted students with the transition from high school to college.
- To promote individual student success through a boot camp experience and subsequent first-year coursework that provide students with a solid academic foundation.
- To provide the advising and academic support services necessary for Summit students to develop and practice the skills and strategies needed to thrive academically, socially, and personally both at La Salle University and beyond.
- To nurture a community of scholars who are active participants in the La Salle University community and in the broader Philadelphia community of which we are all members.
- To create a sense of collegiality among Summit students through team building exercises, a residential learning community, and small class sizes that promote active student participation and a close working relationship among students, program staff, and faculty.
- To create programming and initiatives that increase retention and matriculation rates among students identified for the Summit Program, thereby supporting the Lasallian mission to ensure that all students have access to educational opportunities regardless of economic or educational disadvantages.