Shaowen (Sharon) Hua, MBA
Office: College Hall 300j
Accounting Professor Shaowen (Sharon) Hua received her MBA from University of Louisiana at Lafayette and her M.S. Accounting from Drexel University. She will soon receive a DBA in Accounting from Drexel University. Her teaching and research interests lie in capital markets and financial reporting.
Ms. Hua’s goal in teaching accounting is to enable people to make informed financial decisions. She believes that this ability can best be obtained when students are provided with opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to their lives. Therefore, in her classroom, she enjoys sharing her research findings and real world examples, as well as encouraging her students to discuss the latest financial news and apply what they learned. She hopes that financial literacy not only builds economic security for her students and their families, but also helps them fulfill their visions for the future.
Areas of Expertise
- Analyst/Management forecasting
- Board interlocks and internal control
- Capital markets
- [DBA in progress]
- M.S., Accounting, Drexel University
- MBA, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- B.A., National Cheng-chi University
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Financial Accounting for Decision Making
- Analysts’ Incentives and Usage of Valuation Models.
- How Do Security Analysts React to Aggressive Management Guidance?” With Edward Werner
- Are Internal Control Deficiencies Contagious?