La Salle University Academic Computing seeks an experienced Director of Instructional Systems and Design.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Academic Computing, the Director of Instructional Systems and Design serves as the senior member of a team that includes two other full-time professional staff, several dedicated student workers, and interested faculty. The team is charged with the overall delivery of course management and other systems used for teaching and learning, development of electronic instructional materials and training programs that enable faculty to develop materials on their own. Specific responsibilities include managerial oversight and active participation in:
- Planning and implementation of specific instructional design projects for both fully on-line and the electronic portion of blended-delivery courses within and across multiple academic disciplines.
- Support of faculty in the development of electronic course materials including in the incorporation of multimedia instructional course content (images, video, audio, publisher content and electronic library materials).
- Assist in the development and presentation of ongoing training programs designed to enable faculty to develop and maintain electronic course materials.
- Provide occasional support and training to faculty and students in the use of any instructional system including Blackboard, Sakai, various Blog and Wiki software, ePortfolio software, iTunesU, Luminis MyCourses and any other supported system or product.
- Research advances in instructional technology and electronically delivered course development technologies and recommend various products for use in course development and delivery.
Candidates for the position should bring at least three years professional experience as an instructional designer, with additional supervisory experience as a team leader, project leader or manager. An earned Master's Degree in Learning Theory, Education, Instructional Design or Instructional Technology, or a related degree, or significant additional professional experience is required.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including tuition remission.
La Salle University is a Roman Catholic university in the tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds who can contribute to our unique educational mission. For a complete mission statement, please click here.
To apply, please prepare a portfolio of your work that demonstrates excellence in the development of electronic course materials, communication and organization. Please submit your portfolio along with a resume or C.V., salary history and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to:
Executive Director, Academic Computing and Technology
La Salle University
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Application materials may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
La Salle University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.