Instructional Systems and Design, a department of La Salle University Academic Computing, seeks an experienced Instructional Designer.
Working on the Director of Instructional Systems and Design’s team, the Instructional Designer provides support to faculty in the development of on-line courses and assists faculty with the development electronic instructional materials, incorporating principles of sound teaching and learning, and generally accepted best practices. Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementation of specific instructional design projects for both fully on-line and the electronic portion of blended-delivery courses within and across multiple academic disciplines.
- Support of faculty in the development of electronic course materials including in the incorporation of multimedia instructional course content (images, video, audio, publisher content and electronic library materials).
- Assist in the development and presentation of ongoing training programs designed to enable faculty to develop and maintain electronic course materials.
- Provide occasional support and training to faculty and students in the use of any instructional system including Blackboard, Sakai, various Blog and Wiki software, ePortfolio software, iTunesU, Luminis MyCourses and any other supported system or product.
- Research advances in instructional technology and electronically delivered course development technologies and recommend various products for use in course development and delivery.
Candidates for the position should bring one to three years professional experience as an instructional designer and an earned Master's Degree in Learning Theory, Education, Instructional Design or Instructional Technology, or a related degree, or equivalent additional professional experience. Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of the administration, advanced use and support of several course management systems, associated online tools and productivity software packages (like WebCT, Blackboard, Sakai, WordPress, MediaWiki, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Professional) are required. Helpful additional qualifications include experience in a diverse higher education environment, great general IT skills and project management experience.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including tuition remission.
La Salle University is a Roman Catholic university in the tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds who can contribute to our unique educational mission. For a complete mission statement, please click here.
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter and a curriculum vitae to:
Executive Director, Academic Computing and Technology
La Salle University
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Application materials may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
La Salle University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.