for the Main Campus
1. Main Campus parking is limited (85 spaces) and by necessity must
be restricted on a space available basis to those with the greatest
need and in accordance with the below policy previously adopted by University
a) Permanently disabled faculty, staff, and students must display a
current University parking permit, in addition to, an appropriate Disabled
Person placard or license plate issued by a state authority.
b) Temporary handicap parking permits will be issued through the Security
and Safety Department for those persons having a need. Permits issued
under this classification shall be issued for the probable duration
of the handicap or a period of time that will not exceed 90 days. A
treating physician's documentation is required specifically requesting
c) Members of the Brothers of the Christian Schools.
d) Vice Presidents, Deans, Department Chairs (Day and Evening) and Directors
La Salle Union
e) On a space-available basis to faculty and staff members with twenty-five
(25) years or more of service. When space is deemed insufficient to
accommodate all members of this group, permits will be issued in order
of seniority within the group.
Revised February 2004
Section I(1)d – Definition of a “director” for the
purpose of this section of the Traffic Control Policy and the eligibility
to apply for a “main campus” parking permit the person must
meet the following criteria.
must be a full-time employee who directs all of the operations and activities
of an official department of the University or to whom several official
departments report and have the authorized title of Director, Chair,
Dean, Assistant Vice President, Vice President, Provost, or President.
If there is a question of an individual’s authorized title, the
Director of Human Resources should be contacted.
2. S/he reports directly to the President at the Director level and
3. S/he cannot direct just a function, operation, program, or academic
discipline/program within an official department.
4. S/he cannot direct only a type of a grant-funded research project,
program, or activity.
5. S/he must supervise at least one regular full-time employee of the
6. The individual assigned by Barnes and Noble as the Manager of the
Campus Store will be eligible to apply for an on-campus parking permit.
7. S/he cannot be an individual engaged in providing contractual services
to the University.