Information for Full-time BSN Day Applicants
Completed applications need to be received no later than February 1 (any application received or completed after the February 1 deadline will only be considered for our wait list). All items listed below will need to be received by our deadline in order to be considered for admission.
What you will need to apply:
- Apply online (La Salle Application or Common Application)
- Official college transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be academic)
- High school transcripts or GED results
- SAT or ACT scores—if taken within the past three years, score received must total 1000 combined (critical reading and math only, with a minimum of 450 received on each portion)
If SAT scores are not available or do not qualify, then students will be required to take the National League of Nursing (NLN) pre-R.N. nursing entrance exam at the time of application. Expected scores should be within the average range for the overall score and at the 50th percentile or higher for the verbal and 50th percentile or higher for the math. Students who will be taking the NLN pre-R.N. entrance exam will need to do so at the time of application.
Additional requirements for admission consideration:
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better and a science GPA of 3.0 or better
- Students are permitted to repeat one science course one time in order to obtain the required 3.0 science GPA.
- Students must complete all science prerequisite courses by the end of the spring semester prior to their intended fall start date. Students will be permitted to take summer classes in an attempt to complete their liberal arts/core requirements, but no science class can be completed in the summer.
- Students who wish to enter our full-time day program must be enrolled full time (12 credits or more each semester) at their current institution for a minimum of one full year (two semesters). Students who are enrolled part time (less than 12 credits) will only be considered for the ACHIEVE (evening and weekend) program at La Salle.
- Students are required to submit official transcripts after each semester in which additional coursework was earned. It is the students’ responsibility to make sure that La Salle has their most recent and updated transcripts before starting classes. All final transcripts MUST be received before attending La Salle. Failure to comply will result in a hold on all future registration at La Salle.
- The School of Nursing and Health Sciences is utilizing America DataBank for background screening and immunization tracking. The student will enroll in America DataBank when accepted into the nursing major. Any student with a criminal history or record of child abuse will not be permitted to start the nursing major.