The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors
"Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow"
The name of this co-institutional student organization shall be The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors.
- To promote La Salle University, its interests, goals, and traditions to students, parents alumni, and friends of the University
- To represent La Salle University at University functions including alumni receptions, Homecoming, Reunions, Parents Weekend, and other events designated by the President, Vice-Presidents, Deans and other members of the campus community as approved by the Ambassador Executive Board
- To develop leadership skills among the membership
Section 1: All applications made by undergraduate students who have completed one year of course work at La Salle University and are considered to be in academically good standing will be accepted and thoroughly reviewed. In conjunction with the submission of an application, candidates will then be interviewed by members of the Ambassador Executive Board. Following this process, selection of new Explorer Ambassadors will be made.
Section 2: Membership Eligibility Requirements are as follows:
- Applicants must have completed one year (24 credits) of classes at La Salle University
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.25 grade point average
- Applicants must be a full-time students carrying 12 or more credit hours per semester
- Applicants must present two letters of recommendations
- Applicants must submit a completed application
- Applicants must appear for an interview before the
Ambassador Executive Board and report for summer
training if chosen.
Section 1: Membership to this organization shall be limited to no more than 30 members per year.
- However, an exception can be made under certain circumstances and after careful consideration by the membership. This exception can only be made to include ONE "additional" member and will only be granted to returning Ambassadors who may face undue hardship which makes it impossible for them to guarantee service to the Explorer Ambassadors for the following academic year.
If circumstances change and allow a returning Ambassador
to serve, an invitation may be extended bringing to the
total number of the membership to 31.
Section 2: To be considered an active member of The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors, each member must complete the following:
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.25
- Attend bi-monthly meetings
- Attend all events in which one commits to attend
- Attend all Mandatory University Events
- this includes Homecoming, Parents Weekend, and Commencement
- Attend to responsibilities that may emerge from membership upon any subcommittees with The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors
Election of The La Salle University Explorer Ambassador Executive Board
Section 1: The election of Ambassadors to the Executive Board will occur in the Spring Semester of each academic year.
- All members are eligible to run for positions on the Executive Board.
- Nominations for all positions can be made by ones self and will be accepted from other members of the organization.
- Nominations will be made at a general Ambassador meeting, two weeks prior to the Executive Board elections.
- All current members of the organization are eligible to vote in the election and will be given the chance to speak briefly
about their qualifications before the voting process.
- All members are expected to be present at the time of Executive Board elections unless extenuating circumstances or extreme hardship prevents them from doing so.
- If extenuating circumstances/extreme hardship should present itself to any member, it is the responsibility of the member to notify the advisor
- At this time, this member will be given the opportunity to submit an absentee ballot in which the member will rank the candidates nominated for each position.
- If there should be a tie between candidates for an Executive Board position, the candidates will be expected to present their qualifications to the membership and a re-vote will take place.
- In the case of a tie, absentee ballots will not be counted in the second election.
- If a candidate involved in a tie is not present, there will not be a presentation of qualifications on behalf the absentee candidate.
The Executive Board of The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors
Section 1: The Executive Board of the La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors shall consist of the Offices described below put in place by the process in Article V.
Section 2: The Executive Board shall have the authority to create ad-hoc committees as deemed necessary. Officers will chair these ad-hoc committees and the President will oversee all committees.
Section 3: The Executive Board shall be responsible for the coordination of all meetings of the general membership.
Section 4: Each outgoing Executive Board must jointly meet with the incoming Executive Board. These meetings shall take place for as long as deemed necessary but no shorter than a period of two weeks following election of a new Executive Board.
Officers of The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors
Section 1: The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors will have the following officers:
- Vice - President
- Community Service Coordinator
- Social Programming Coordinator
The term of office for all officers is from one week after election for one year.
Section 2: There shall be a set of formal meetings between outgoing and incoming officers in the first four weeks following the election for Executive Board positions. Outgoing officers have a responsibility to share all pertinent information with all newly elected officers.
Section 3: Any vacancy on the Executive Board shall be filled within two weeks through a special election at the next general meeting of The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors. A special meeting may be called in order to hold a special election at the discretion of the Executive Board.
Section 4: If a member of the Executive Board should be negligent of their duties, action may be taken at the behest of the members of the executive board, the general membership or, in extreme cases, the advisor.
Section 5: The Duties of the Executive Board Officers are as follows:
A. The President
- To preside over all general meetings
- To uphold and enforce the Constitution and Bylaws
- To provide leadership for the group
- To appoint and oversee any subcommittees that may be put into place during a given academic year
- this power can only be exercised with the approval of the Executive Board
- To attend Alumni Association meetings and report on the activities of the organization
- To document and provide a written report of Alumni Association meetings for the Executive Board
- To serve as an active liaison between the La Salle University student body and the Alumni Association
- To consult with the Executive Board and advisor(s) on creating an agenda for meetings
B. The Vice-President
- To assume the responsibilities of the President in his/her absences
- To uphold and enforce the Constitution and Bylaws
- To assist the President in any capacity necessary, most importantly in communicating with the general membership
- To serve as Chairperson of the Recruitment Committee for new membership
C. The Treasurer
- To keep accurate and up-to-date budgetary records
- To provide a monthly report to the Ambassadors on the budget records
- To complete all requisition forms and have them approved by the advisor(s)
- To present or assist in the presentation of proposals to the University Funding Board
- To produce and distribute an annual budget report
D. The Secretary
- To take accurate and detailed minutes at both the Executive Board and General Membership Meetings
- To distribute meeting minutes by the end of the work week in which the meeting took place
- To keep attendance records of the Executive Board and General Membership Meetings
- To be responsible for all correspondence relating to the organizations membership
- To be responsible for creating and maintaining a yearly calendar and also distributing a monthly calendar to all members at the first meeting of the month.
E. The Historian
- To accurately record the events, activities, and memorable moments of The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors during the period of one academic year.
- To prepare and update the presentation materials utilized in recruitment efforts by the organization.
- To aid in the publicity of events and general promotion of the Explorer Ambassadors, as an organization, to the internal and external University community.
F. Community Service Coordinator
- To establish community service opportunities for the membership
- To encourage and oversee all Explorer Ambassadors in community service endeavors
- To serve as a representative of the student body and the Explorer Ambassadors to the surrounding neighborhood
- To act as a liaison between the Explorer Ambassadors and University Service Activities.
G. Social Programming Coordinator
- To plan events which provides the membership with an opportunity to socialize in a more casual environment
- To co-sponsor events and promote campus recognition of The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors.
- To promote friendship among the membership of The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors.
Sect. 5-A: Each year, a Webmaster will be appointed who will have direct oversight of all electronic mediums in conjunction with the La Salle Explorer Ambassadors. Confirmation of this appointment must have the approval of 2/3 majority of the Executive Board. The webmaster's main charge will be maintaining an updated website. The webmaster will be assisted by the Historian and the Social Programming Coordinator and can be one of these e-board positions if deemed so by the rest of the executive board.
Amending the Constitution
Section 1: The Executive Board can propose an amendment to the Constitution at an Executive Board meeting. The amendment will be introduced to the general membership if it has passed by 75% of the Executive Board members.
Section 2: An amendment to the Ambassador Constitution must be presented at a general meeting. The Amendment will be passed by the general membership with 2/3 majority vote of those present at the meeting.
Advisor(s) to The La Salle University Explorer Ambassadors
Section 1: The Advisor(s) shall represent and provide the views of the administration to the Executive Board and general membership.
Section 2: The Advisor(s) shall present ideas and concerns to the Executive Board for consideration and discussion of the general membership.
Section 3: The Advisor(s) shall meet with the Executive Board on a bi-monthly basis prior to meetings of the general membership.