1. Provide a curriculum that meets the needs of a 21st century biology major.
2. Give Biology Faculty the support to teach biology at a high level.
3. Maintain a physical facility that contains the lecture halls, classroom, and laboratories to teach the biology curriculum.
4. Provide a student advising system that supports all students who major or minor in biology.
5. Provide biology service courses that meet the needs of other programs and departments, especially the Nursing and Health Science programs
6. Provide on-line courses that help support the University’s mission for more flexibility in distance learning and support of our Containing Education students.
7. Continue to support a strong pre-health advising program and the Post-Bac pre-medical program.
8. Support the University’s core curriculum by providing courses that meet those requirements.
9. Maintain and advance collaboration efforts with other science and the math department(s).
10. Provide faculty and students with research funds and facilitates that allow for the pursuit of scholarly work.