March 26, 2012

Sophomore Evan Radcliffe Submits Winning Logo for
La Salle Proud Week

La Salle University sophomore Evan Radcliffe won a contest to have his artwork featured on this year’s La Salle Proud Week shirts by garnering the most votes from the University’s student body.

His design incorporates La Salle’s colors, blue and gold, and the skyline of Philadelphia.

“I wanted it to show the pride that comes along with being a part of La Salle, as well as being a part of the city of Philadelphia,” says Radcliffe, “I have always liked when artists use city skylines in their work. I was thinking of ways I could incorporate Philadelphia into the design, and I thought using the skyline as a border was the best way I could do that.”

“I took a Photoshop course my senior year in high school and have been using it ever since. I have always had interest in art and intend on adding some Digital Arts courses next semester,” says Radcliffe, who is a marketing major.

Students can get their La Salle Proud T-shirt by donating $10 to the La Salle Fund, all this week in the Union during free period! All donations go towards the La Salle Fund and support student scholarships.

La Salle Proud Week (March 26-31) will feature daily activities for students who show pride in their school and community and the City of Philadelphia.

- Katherine Blessing

© Copyright 2014 La Salle University 1900 W. Olney Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19141