January 10, 2013

La Salle University’s Full-Time and Swiss MBA Programs Ranked First in North America and Third Internationally by CEO Magazine

La Salle University’s Full-time MBA programs and MBA program in Basel, Switzerland were ranked first in North America and third internationally by CEO Magazine, a publication of the International Graduate Forum (IGF).

The CEO Magazine designation recognizes schools that have demonstrated a high level of innovation and thought leadership. IGF has been ranking full-time and executive MBA programs since 2001. Among its key performance indicators for 2012 were quality faculty, including those with doctoral degrees and business backgrounds; student-to-faculty ratios; class sizes; international diversity; and accreditation. The rankings are based on information about La Salle’s Full-time, One-Year, and Swiss MBA programs.

“Obviously we are very pleased to get this external recognition, and one of the reasons for our high ranking is the strength of our faculty and the personal attention we give our students,” said Paul Brazina, Dean of La Salle’s School of Business. “Our approach is to give a practical education that uses theory, case studies, and real-world practice to enhance the educational experience.”

He added that many La Salle MBA students both in the United States and Switzerland already have advanced degrees, “and the MBA provides them with a deeper business component.”

“Without a doubt, my MBA at La Salle was a transformative experience for me, professionally and personally,” said Lorraine Niba, Ph.D., a graduate of La Salle’s Full-time MBA program. “Even though I entered the business school with the critical thinking skills and technical expertise acquired in my Ph.D. program, the (Full-time) La Salle MBA program further bolstered this foundation by instilling strategic-thinking, decision-making, and leadership skills as well as a pragmatic approach to solving real-world problems and implementing solutions. This invaluable combination has definitely had a very positive impact on my career.”

“For me, pursuing an MBA was about continuing my desire for exploring, learning and growing my knowledge tool kit,” said Sahnila Enam, a current La Salle One-Year MBA student. “When I was looking for an MBA program, I looked at schools that could provide me with a focus on finance, a small program with small class sizes, networking opportunities, and professors who are both academics as well as practicing in the field, and are readily available to their students. After completing my first semester, I know that I made the right decision.”

Joseph Ugras, Ph.D., Dean of La Salle’s College of Professional and Continuing Studies and Executive Director of International Education said the Swiss MBA program is able to attract top students because of the support of its alumni. “We have been in Switzerland for 12 years,” Ugras said, “and our graduates have spread the word about how strong the program is. We are very well known and respected in the region.”

Ugras said 50 percent of the program’s alumni and current students are Swiss, and others come from France, Holland, Germany, Brazil, South Africa, Japan, and India.

In its ranking issue, CEO Magazine stated that it “has identified many of these schools over the years as being some of the very best, and with good reason.”

Additionally, the magazine stated, “Typically, (the ranked schools) boast high-quality faculty, their reputation, over the years, has opened many a door for graduates, and their track record speaks for itself. However, as corporate funding declines, return on investment and recovery of opportunity cost becomes increasingly important considerations.”

“With this in mind, the IGF set about identifying business schools capable of meeting the expectations of hungry applicants—the results were impressive. Schools which were selected for inclusion into the European, North American, and Australian MBA ranking tables not only demonstrated the qualities today’s MBA applicants look for, they were, and are, capable of challenging the established, globally recognized MBA providers.”

To view the rankings in CEO Magazine, visit:

http://www.graduate-forum.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/YEAR-END-MBA-RANKINGS.pdf

To learn more about La Salle’s Full-time and Swiss MBA programs, visit:

http://www.lasalle.edu/grad/index.php?section=mba&page=index

© Copyright 2014 La Salle University 1900 W. Olney Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19141