January 16, 2013

La Salle University Appoints Alumnus George Walter as Vice President for Enrollment Services

George J. Walter has been named Vice President for Enrollment Services at La Salle University. A graduate of the class of 1977, he will start at his position on Feb. 4, 2013. Walter has been Associate Dean of Enrollment Management at Villanova University since 2001.

“George Walter brings extensive experience in all aspects of enrollment management, ranging from the development of strategies related to prospecting and recruiting in support of the enrollment goals of the University to being responsible for developing and administering operating budgets for both the offices of admission and financial aid,” said La Salle University President Brother Michael J. McGinniss, F.S.C.

Walter served as Villanova’s Director of Financial Assistance from 1989 to 2001. He has been at Villanova for 23 years.

Before working at Villanova, Walter was La Salle’s Director of Financial Aid from 1984 to 1989. During his tenure at the University, he facilitated major changes to the awarding of the Christian Brothers Grant program, including the development of the first targeted packaging of need-based financial aid.

Walter earned his B.A. in secondary education from La Salle in 1977 and his M.S. in education from St. Joseph’s University in 1984.

“When I came back (for visits), I knew great things were taking place, not only academically, but also with a well-thought out growth of the physical facilities,” he said. “As an alum, I have a very strong affection for La Salle, and much of what I’ve accomplished in my life has roots at La Salle.”

“One of the things that pleased me very much was the people I met during the interview process who reflect and foster the University’s Lasallian ethos. It feels very good to have the opportunity to work with people who provide students with a nurturing and supportive community in which to learn, prepare them to succeed professionally, and to serve others and who work to ensure the University’s  continued success,” Walter said.

© Copyright 2014 La Salle University 1900 W. Olney Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19141