As of January 1, 2012, the requirements for Pennsylvania CPA licensure increased from 120 credits to 150 credits. Currently more than 40 states require 150 credits for licensure.
La Salle’s Accounting faculty is dedicated to working with each student interested in earning the CPA to develop the best educational path.
At La Salle, there are several options available to reach the 150-credit requirement:
Undergraduate degree option:
- Student can complete 150 undergraduate credits in four years by taking summer courses over two summers.
- With the additional credits (only 120 are needed to major in Accounting), students should consider a second major, a minor, or perhaps study abroad. There is an option to take two graduate courses during the senior year.
Four-Year BS/MBA program:
- High-achieving students, based on academic performance, may enter the program at the start of their freshman year, or by the end of their freshman year.
- La Salle is the only school in the region to offer this program.
- Students complete their undergraduate accounting coursework in three years by attending summer classes, then move into our full-time MBA program.
- Click here (link to Four-Year BS/MBA page) for additional information about our Four-Year BS/MBA program.
Graduate degree option:
For students who prefer not to accelerate the undergraduate course of study or already have earned a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Students can enter La Salle’s full-time MBA program for a fifth year of study after completing the undergraduate requirements.
- Students who have earned their bachelor’s degree in Accounting, and would prefer to work full-time while pursuing an MBA, can enroll in the Part-time MBA program.