Center for Entrepreneurship
Take control of your future through the La Salle Center for Entrepreneurship
In today’s competitive economic environment, people with entrepreneurial spirits will not only succeed in their chosen careers but also will drive business creation, growth, and job opportunities for the larger business community.
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, find the support and inspiration you need through the La Salle Center for Entrepreneurship (LCE). Through mentoring, networking, and experiential learning, you’ll discover how to flex your innovative muscles, build leadership skills, explore the business landscape, and take measured risks to achieve your dreams. In addition, alumni and faculty will give back through mentoring as well as pursue their own entrepreneurial goals.
Reasons to pursue entrepreneurship:
- One-third of employers say entrepreneurship experience is either important or very important in hiring, according to the 2012 Millennial Branding Student Employment Survey.
- Entrepreneurship is the only equal-opportunity employer you’ll ever need, letting you create your own job or business, regardless of your ethnic, economic, social, or academic background.
- Entrepreneurial people tend to be hard-working, highly motivated, and creative thinkers unafraid to take risks and advance their own or their company’s vision.
- Many of tomorrow’s jobs don’t yet exist, but they most likely will be created by entrepreneurial people who are problem-solvers, innovators, and leaders in their field.
- Entrepreneurship is the backbone of the U.S. economy and will drive personal, national, and global success.
LCE can help you develop the business-building skills you need by:
- Providing the academic, instructional, and educational opportunities for incorporating entrepreneurship into your studies, either through a minor or individual classes or extracurricular activities. [Link to Student Opportunities page]
- Fostering opportunities for students [link to Student Opportunities page], alumni, and faculty [Link to Alumni and Faculty Opportunities page] to interact with the business community.
- Tapping into the alumni network for student mentoring as well as to support alumni entrepreneurial activities. [Link to Alumni and Faculty Opportunities page]
Take control of your future today.