Description of Program
The bridge program is intended for registered nurses with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree who are interested in pursuing a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). Interested applicants would need to fulfill undergraduate evening admission requirements.
Admission requirements include the following:
- completing an Evening and Weekend Program Application
- providing official copies of transcripts from nursing program, colleges, and/or universities
- providing a copy of current R.N. license
When accepted by the Admission Office, the student would need to successfully complete four courses at the undergraduate level:
- NUR 314 Health Assessment
- NUR 408 Nursing Research
- NUR 413 International Public Health Nursing
After successful completion of the above courses with a GPA of 3.2 or above, the applicant would be eligible to apply to the MSN program.
Students should be aware that the School of Nursing and Health Sciences' undergraduate nursing grading system is different from that of the general University