Required for Major in Art History: 12 courses
- ARTH 150
- ARTH 201
- ARTH 202
- Two 200-level ARTH courses
- One ART course
- A second ART course or a third 200-level ARTH course
- Four 300-level ARTH courses
- ARTH 380
- ARTH 460 recommended
Requirements for double majors (generally 10 courses) are determined in consultation with the Chair and may include a combination of art history, studio, and DArt courses.
REQUIRED FOR MINOR IN ART HISTORY: 6 COURSES, ADHERING TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- One (and only one) course at the 100 level
- At least two courses at the 300 level
- The remaining three courses may be distributed between 200- and 300-level courses as the student wishes.
- One (and only one) ART course may be counted toward the minor.
- The art history minor may, with permission of the Chair, take ARTH 460, which will count toward the minor.
Students are advised to elect related courses in other disciplines that will be meaningful in enriching their concentration in art history. It is recommended that art history majors take at least two years of either German or French, especially if they intend to pursue graduate study. The art history major should consider ARTH 201-202 as prerequisite for other art history courses.
The Fine Arts Department also participates in the multidisciplinary program in Digital Arts and Multimedia Design. For a description of this program, please see page 81.