The MS Computer Information Science program provides students with a structured study of applied technical solutions to real-world problems. The learning goals of the program are for the students to:
· Understand a program from definition through implementation and review;
· Use problem solving techniques through software engineering methodologies in real-world cases;
· Manage the problem solution through the gathering of requirements, problem refinement, design modeling, implementation, and user-testing;
· Use problem solving techniques and skills to analyze, design, and develop project solutions through iterative processes and project management from requirements gathering through deployment;
· Use group work, presentation skills, and collaboration through the use of technology.