To be accepted for admission into the program, a student must:
- Provide evidence of successful academic achievement in completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Possess a current and valid teaching certificate in some other area
Have completed an approved teacher preparation program and successfully passed the requisite PRAXIS Exams.
- Completed the application for admission online (free of cost) or the paper application for admission, together with the required application fee.
- Professional resume.
- BLS 600 Dynamics of Cross-Cultural Communcation
- BLS 601 Techniques of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- BLS 605 Curriculum and Development of Bilingual Programs
- BLS 606 Making Language Connections Through Content in ESOL and Bilingual Classrooms
- EDC 650 Language Assessment and Special Education of ESL Learners
- TSOL 701 Field Experience Practicum
All documents should be sent to the following:
Office of Graduate Enrollment
La Salle University- Box 826
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
215.951.1100/ Fax 215.951.1462