The M.A. in TESOL program at La Salle University has been designed to provide students with the theoretical foundation and contemporary research in linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics (second-language acquisition), and related fields ito fulfill the following goals::
- Offer advanced and up-to-date knowledge in ESL/EFL (English as a Second Language and English as a Foreign Language) methodologies, techniques, strategies, critical thinking, and teaching across the curriculum.
- Incorporate the use of multimedia technology in the second language acquisition process as well as the application of multiple forms of assessment.
- Explore research design methods and writing conventions in the field of TESOL.
- Delve deep into the social, cultural, historical, and very personal arenas within sociolinguistics, educational leadership, and community involvement.
- Explore the practical foundation in linguistics, and its sub-branches, for teachers who want to apply basic linguistic knowledge and research findings to their practice in the classroom or in course and curricula design.