To be accepted for admission to the program, a candidate must:
1. Complete the Application for Admission which may be obtained at http://www.lasalle.edu/grad/ accompanied by the stipulated application fee payable to La Salle University. The application fee is waived for applications submitted online.
2. Provide evidence of successful academic achievement in the completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education. The student’s record must show a completion of at least 24 credit hours in any combination of communication, humanities, and social science courses, and an overall “B” average (3.0/4.0). International students must possess the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree.
3. Request that official transcripts from the institutions of higher education showing all undergraduate and previous graduate study (if applicable).
4. Provide a professional résumé.
5. Provide two letters of recommendation from professors and/or supervisors who can address the candidate’s ability and motivation for enrolling in the program. (for students with an undergraduate GPA below 3.25 only)
6. Provide a brief personal statement (about 500 words) describing a student’s reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in Professional and Business Communication at La Salle University. The Committee is interested in reading about career experiences and goals in the statement. A student may also include any information about himself or herself that will further demonstrate his or her qualifications for the program.
7. Attend an interview with the program director, which will focus on professional goals.
The University’s Nondiscrimination Policy is stated in the General Reference section of this catalog. Because oral communication is an integral part of most courses in the program, students must be able to communicate clearly in English. International students must achieve a minimum TOEFL score: CBT 230/PBT 575/IBT 88. A maximum of six credit hours are eligible for transfer from another institution or from another La Salle graduate program.
All documents should be sent to the following:
Office of Graduate Enrollment
La Salle University- Box 826
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
215.951.1100/ Fax 215.951.1462