To be accepted for admission to the program, a candidate must:
1. Complete the Application for Admission which may be obtained at http://lasalle.edu/grad/ accompanied by the stipulated application fee payable to La Salle University. The application fee is waved for applications submitted online.
2. Provide Evidence of successful academic achievement in completing a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an NLNAC- or CCNE-accredited program or the MSN Bridge program for those R.N.s with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree. Undergraduate coursework must include an introductory statistics course (including inferential and descriptive) and an undergraduate nursing research course. Students who have earned a GPA of 3.2 or higher in their undergraduate program may be formally accepted into the Master of Science program upon receipt of all required documents for admission and a review by the Graduate Nursing Admissions and Progressions committee.
3. Students with an undergraduate BSN GPA of less than 3.2 are required to present test scores from the GRE (Graduate Record Exam), MAT (Miller Analogies Test) or GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test), to be considered for admission into the program. Students should aim for a score above the 50th percentile for the verbal and quantitative sections. Please submit the GREs or MATs scores with your application.
4. In addition, those students applying to the MSN/MBA dual-degree track must take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) and be accepted by the MBA Program. For inquiries, contact email@example.com. The Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia at Einstein Montgomery Hospital must first accept those students applying to the Nurse Anesthetist Track. Please contact the Frank J. Tornetta School directly at 484.622.7280 for an application packet.
5. Provide a professional résumé.
6. Provide two letters of reference from professors or supervisors. At least one reference must be an academic reference.
7. Provide evidence of current R.N. licensure in the United States.
8. Provide evidence of one year of relevant clinical experience as a registered nurse.
9. Part of the application process includes an interview. Interviews with selected candidates are scheduled following committee review of the completed application. During the interview, you will be asked to write a one page philosophy statement articulating your professional values, future educational goals, and the reason for your track selection.
Please note that the completed application needs to be submitted for consideration.
The application deadline dates are:
Summer Semester start – 4/15/2015
Fall Semester start – 7/15/2015
Spring Semester start – 12/1/2015
Please refer to the University’s Nondiscrimination Policy in the General Reference section of this catalog. Admission is based solely upon applicant’s qualifications.
All documents should be sent to the following:
Office of Graduate Enrollment
La Salle University- Box 826
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
215.951.1100/ Fax 215.951.1462