To be accepted for admission to the program, a candidate must:
1. Complete the Application for Admission which may be obtained at http://lasalle.edu/grad accompanied by the stipulated application fee payable to La Salle University. The application fee is waived for applications submitted online.
2. Provide evidence of successful academic achievement by completing a master’s degree in theology, religious studies, pastoral care, or a similar field (M.A., M.Th., M.Div.) from an accredited institution of higher education.
3. Provide a transcript from the institutions of higher education showing all undergraduate and graduate course work. The transcript should be sent directly from the institution to the Graduate Admissions Office at La Salle.
4. Provide evidence, as determined by the Program Director, of sufficient course work in theological disciplines appropriate to the student’s intended area of concentration. Applicants may be required to complete additional master’s level course work prior to admission to the Program.
5. Provide evidence of a basic reading and/or speaking knowledge of one of the following languages: a modern language other than English, Hebrew (biblical), Greek (biblical), or Latin (classical). International students must likewise provide evidence of English competency with a minimum score of 218 (550 paper-based) on the TOEFL.
6. Provide a professional résumé and personal statement of interest in a doctoral degree.
7. Provide two letters of recommendation using the form at www.lasalle.edu.
8. Attend a personal on-campus interview with the Program Director and members of the Th.D. Committee, unless a waiver is granted.
Please refer to the University’s Nondiscrimination Policy in the General Reference section of this catalog. Admission is based solely upon applicant’s qualifications.
All documents should be sent to the following:
Office of Graduate Enrollment
La Salle University- Box 826
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
215.951.1100/ Fax 215.951.1462