To be accepted for admission, an applicant must provide the following:
- Evidence of successful academic achievement by completing a master’s degree in theology, religious studies, pastoral care, or a similar field (M.A., M.Th., M.Div.) from an accredited institution of higher education. The transcript should be sent directly from the institution to the Graduate Admissions Office at La Salle.
- Evidence, as determined by the Program Director, of sufficient course work in theological disciplines appropriate to the student’s intended area of concentration. Applicants may be required to complete additional master’s level course work prior to admission to the Program.
- Evidence of a basic reading and/or speaking knowledge of one of the following languages: a modern language other than English, Hebrew (biblical), Greek (biblical), or Latin (classical). International students must likewise provide evidence of English competency with a minimum score of 218 (550 paper-based) on the TOEFL.
- A professional résumé and personal statement of interest in a doctoral degree.
- A personal on-campus interview with the Program Director and members of the Th.D. Committee unless a waiver is granted.
- An online application at www.lasalle.edu
- Two letters of recommendation using the form at www.lasalle.edu