At the completion of the program the student will:
- Utilize knowledge from the physical and biological sciences as a basis for understanding the role of food and nutrients in health and disease processes.
- Provide nutrition education to individuals, groups, and communities throughout the lifespan using a variety of communication strategies.
- Evaluate nutrition information based on scientific reasoning.
- Utilize technical skills and knowledge of health behavior when providing nutrition recommendations to individuals across the lifespan.
- Identify strategies for food access, procurement, preparation, and safety for individuals, families, and communities.
- Assist food management functions in business, health-care, community, and institutional arenas.
- Utilize professional skills and standards to provide nutrition services in multidisciplinary settings.
- Provide culturally competent nutrition services for individuals and communities.