International Student Admission
La Salle is a name recognized throughout the world. The Christian Brothers, founders of La Salle University, educate approximately one million students in 1,000 educational ministries in 82 countries.
La Salle welcomes all international students to our Philadelphia campus. An international student is defined by the University as an individual who is not a United States citizen or permanent resident. Applying to La Salle as an international student is similar to applying as a domestic student. International applicants must submit all of the same materials, but they must also include the following:
- Completed application form
- Original secondary school transcripts/records and official national examination results, all with official English translations or original official credential evaluation from a recognized credential evaluation service (World Education Services www.wes.org, Educational Credential Evaluators www.ece.org, etc.)
- Original university transcripts and course descriptions (for transfer students) or original official credential evaluation from a recognized credential evaluation service
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- A completed Educational History form (available online)
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility (available online) and accompanying bank verification
- $35 application fee (waived if you apply online at www.lasalle.edu)
For admission review and scholarship consideration,results from one of four tests:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). The required internet-based TOEFL score is 80 or higher (with a score of 20 or more in each section).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The required IELTS score is 6.0 or higher.
All documents submitted by international students must be official; no photocopies or electronic versions will be accepted under any circumstances. No need-based financial aid is available to international students.
More information on international admission can be found online at http://www.lasalle.edu/admission/#/international/.