Requirements for Degrees
A candidate for an associate degree must meet the following requirements:
- completed course work equivalent to a minimum of 60 credit hours, at least 30 of which have been fulfilled at La Salle University;
- have not attained more than 84 credit hours;
- have not received a prior associate degree;
- fulfilled all course requirements prescribed by the University for the specific associate degree;
- have a cumulative academic index of 2.0;
- the candidate must file an application for the associate degree at least four months before the completion of the requirements.
Associate degrees can be conferred in August, January, or May.
Associate degree recipients can receive a diploma during Commencement exercises in May.
A candidate for the bachelor’s degree must meet the following requirements:
- completed course work equivalent to a minimum of 120 credit hours; the 120 credit hours must include at least 38 courses of three credits or more; in determining the number of courses, a course carrying six credit hours or more will be counted as equal to the lowest number of courses obtained by dividing the credit value by three;
- fulfilled all University Core and major requirements;
- have a cumulative academic index of 2.0 overall as well as in the major courses;
- filed an application for graduation one year before the expected date of graduation.
- Residency requirement: students are required to take their last 30 credits at La Salle.
SECOND BACHELOR’S DEGREE
La Salle University will award either a B.A. or B.S. degree to a student who has already earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution under the following conditions:
- The student has obtained written permission from the appropriate Dean and Department Chair.
- If the student holds a bachelor’s degree from La Salle University, the student must meet substantial requirements of the major as determined at the time the student matriculates in the program leading to the second degree. A minimum of 30 credit hours is required.
If the student holds a degree from an institution other than La Salle, a maximum of 70 credit hours may be transferred toward the second degree. The student must fulfill the Core requirements of one religion and one philosophy course and the requirements of the major as determined at the time the student enrolls in the second degree program.