- Aquaint participants with the relatively new concept of translation and interpretation studies by reading informed criticism in the theoretical field, thereby contextualizing the disciplines in general terms.
- Educate individuals for multi-competency employment.
- Participants will develop awareness of current issues in translation and interpretation studies and practice, and of the importance of professionalizing these occupations.
- Provide a foundation in the standards of ethics and practice in the profession of translation and interpretation.
- Offer credits representing academic achievement in a field that is currently seeking professionalization.
- Keep pace with the need for linguistic specialists in the Philadelphia region and the nation.