The Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) program’s core values stem from the broader University’s values, including teaching excellence, the importance of community, service to the poor, and education that fosters spiritual development. Specifically, the program’s core values include the following:
- Excellence in teaching that fosters idealism, creativity, and innovation.
- Service to vulnerable and underserved populations that helps promote health and prevent disease.
- Research and scholarship that engages communities as partners in improving the environmental and social conditions necessary to achieve physical and mental health and social well-being.
- Ethical decision-making that considers social justice and health equity.
- Respect for cultural and religious values at the individual, family, community, and societal levels.
- Equality for individuals and communities regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual preference, or ability.
- Commitment to life-long professional and personal development.