Progression in the Program
Students’ academic progress is reviewed by their advisers each semester and by
SLHS CSD faculty. All SLHS CSD Four-Year majors and Pre-Speech students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA (overall, in the major, and in required sciences) with no more than two courses below a B, in order to advance to the sophomore year as a SLHS CSD major and in order to continue in the major and progress in the program. Any student who does not meet this requirement will receive written notification from the SLHS program CSD Department and will be required to declare a different major for the fall of the sophomore year or at any other time during the course of study.
Students who enter La Salle in the Five-Year program must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5, including
SLHS CSD courses and a minimum 3.0 in required science courses, by January of the sophomore year. Students who do not meet this requirement may continue in the Four-Year program if they meet the Four-Year program requirements. These students are no longer eligible for application to the Five-Year program.
SLHS CSD majors, who meet the minimum criteria described below, can apply for admission to the Five-Year SLHS CSD program during the second semester of their sophomore year. They will be reviewed for placement in the Five-Year program at the end of the sophomore year.
ADMISSION OF SLHS FOUR-YEAR B.S. STUDENTS INTO THE FIVEYEAR SLHS PROGRAM
- Admission is determined during the spring semester of sophomore year.
- Students must have successfully completed the freshman year, the 1st semester curriculum of the sophomore level courses, and be enrolled in the 2nd semester sophomore curriculum prescribed by the Five-Year
SLHSCSD program (have equivalent coursework to those students already in the Five-Year program).
- Students who transfer into the
SLHSCSD program after the freshman year are ineligible for the Five-Year program.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.5, but having this minimum GPA does not guarantee admittance into the Five-Year program.SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH SCIENCES 174
- Students must also have a minimum 3.0 GPA in required science courses and a minimum 3.5 in
- Students must have completed a minimum of 45 overall credit hours, of which a minimum of four courses must be successfully completed
SLHSCSD courses, in addition to BIO 161 and 162.
- Students must complete and submit an application to the Program Director by
March 15March 30th of their sophomore year (the application will include a one-page essay – topic to be determined by SLHSCSD faculty).
- The CSD Admission Committee will review applications and make the final CSD faculty will complete a student competency checklist for each student applicant.
- Students who are not accepted into the Five-Year program can remain in the CSD major and complete the degree requirements for the B.S. in CSD. These students can then apply to any master’s degree program including the SLP M.S. program at La Salle.