General ASHA Certification Requirements
The 2014 ASHA certification guidelines require students to complement their courses in basic human communication sciences with additional courses. These guidelines require students to have a course in biology, physical science, and statistics. In addition, students need to have courses in the social and behavioral sciences. Currently, La Salle does not offer most of these courses online. Students who have not completed these requirements on the undergraduate level may have to take these courses on either La Salle's campus or another institution to gain the credits needed to be accepted into a master's program.
To fulfill these requirements, La Salle University suggests the following:
- BIO 164 WB Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (Biological Sciences)
- PHYS 205 Essentials of Physics for Health Sciences (Physical Sciences)
- HSC 217 Statistics for the Health Sciences
- EDC 103 Educational Psychology OR PSY 210 Developmental Psychology
- PSY 220 Psychopathology (Social and Behavioral sciences)