Br. Gerry Molyneaux Endowed Professorship
The alumni of Sigma Phi Lambda fraternity, along with the Communication Department, are pleased to announce the establishment of an endowed professorship to honor Brother Gerry Molyneaux, F.S.C., ’58.
“Brother Gerry’s passion for teaching, learning, and life is absolutely contagious,’ said Jerry Lezynski, ’82. “He has lit a fire under so many of us, has helped us find our way, and has helped us do more than we ever thought we could.”
Since the communication field is ever-changing, this endowed professorship will:
- provide important resources for faculty professional development;
- create opportunities for student and faculty collaboration; and
- offer opportunities for students and faculty to attend professional conferences, submit their work in competitions, and participate in internship experiences.
And, quite simply, another goal is to honor and recognize the indelible mark that Br. Gerry has made on La Salle and its students. As the founder of the Communication Department, he has been a teacher, mentor, and friend to so many, even outside the Communication Department as moderator of the Sigma Phi Lambda fraternity for almost 40 years. Read more about the Br. Gerry Molyneaux Endowed Professorship.
Brother Gerry Molyneaux and the Molyneaux Endowed Professorship were celebrated on May 4, 2013 at a reception on main campus.
The $500,000 goal has been met, and it will exist in perpetuity. Many thanks to all who have made such meaningful gifts that will help La Salle Communication faculty and students excel.
Your continued support of this Endowment is encouraged.
In order to make a gift online:
- Go to www.lasalle.edu/makeagift.
- Click on “Make a gift online today!”
- Click the “Donate” button under the La Salle Fund heading.
- Complete the form information, and please designate in the Notes section that your gift should be directed to the ‘Brother Gerry Molyneaux Endowed Professorship’.
Also, gifts can be sent directly to the Development Office at La Salle University, 1900 West Olney Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19141.
All gifts are tax-deductible. If you have any questions, please contact Felicia Gordon Riehman at 215.951.1880 or email@example.com