La Salle TV: Be a Star
La Salle TV At a Glance
Want to be on TV? Interested in learning what it takes to run a news program? Thinking about video production or broadcast journalism as a career?
La Salle TV—our cable television station carried on Comcast and Verizon FIOS—runs programs seen across campus and in thousands of homes in the Philadelphia region. From day one, you will be able to get behind a camera, belly up to a news desk, edit video and sound, and write sketch comedy. And these are only some of the innovative opportunities—creative suggestions from students are always welcome. You can see examples of our programming on YouTube.
Some of our content includes:
- Backstage Pass: Movie reviews and previews and entertainment news.
- Philly Factor: Interviews with people making a difference in Philadelphia.
- SportsLine and SportsTalk Philadelphia: Scores, highlights, and commentary from the world of professional and collegiate sports.
- Bridging the Gap: Talk show about community and social issues.
- Q&A: Game show with low-budget prizes but lots of fun.
Distinguished La Salle TV alumni include news producers from ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX affiliates; hosts for ComcastSportsnet; Philadelphia weather and traffic anchors; reporters for various professional sports teams; and many more.