To be accepted for admission into the program, a student must present:
- Baccalaureate degree from accredited college or university.
- Appropriate background in computer science or equivalent other training.
- Completed application form.
- Non-refundable application fee. (If you apply online, the fee is waived).
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or supervisors who can address the candidate’s ability and motivation for enrolling in the program.
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended.
- Professional resume.
- When applications are complete, candidates will be interviewed by member(s) of the Admissions Committee.
The program is open to applicants without regard to age, creed, race, sex or national origin. Because written and oral communication is an integral part of many courses, students must communicate clearly in English.
International students may take this program in the online format, however the revised curriculum no longer meets the requirements set by the United States to allow applicants to qualify for student visa (“F” status). For international students considering the online format for the program, the application needs to include the World Education Service (WES) evaluation of the transcripts, along with a statement of financial responsibility and an original copy of TOEFL scores. Students need to contact WES (www.wes.org) for submitting transcripts for evaluation.
A maximum of six (6) hours transfer credit may be granted for graduate work at another institution. The student must supply a course description and syllabus in order to facilitate the transfer of credit. After matriculation at La Salle, students must have a course pre-approved by the director (in conjunction with the appropriate faculty member(s)) for it to be considered for transfer purposes.
For further questions, contact the director’s office at 215-951-1136 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The M.S. CIS program is offered in an online format. The program does not meet the standards for U.S. student visas.