We at La Salle University understand the importance of life-long learning – especially in the rapidly changing field of Information Science and Technology. Therefore we extend to our CIS/INL alumni (and current students upon graduation from these programs) the opportunity to extend or refresh their skills and knowledge by taking three additional CIS or INL courses on a space available basis for free.
Terms of the Warranty Initiative:
- A student is eligible if he or she has graduated with a master’s degree from La Salle University in either Computer Information Science or Information Technology Leadership and has no financial obligations to the University.
- The alumnus or alumna is limited to three free courses under the warranty program. Students graduating from both programs are allotted a total of three warranty courses. The offer is not transferable to other persons.
- Graduates have three years starting the first semester after they finish their course work (including capstones) for the degree.
- The alumnus or alumna is limited to one warranty class per semester. Additional courses within a semester must be paid for.
- Although the course is free, other fees linked to registration and attendance are applicable (e.g. graduate student fee or parking fee).
- The only courses covered by the warranty have either the CIS or INL prefixes and the offerings for semester are listed on the program websites. Go to the program page and check the course offerings for the semester. The homepage for the programs are:
The offer does not apply to capstone and independent study courses. (Note that cross-listed courses have very limited seating.)
- Signing up for a warranty seat in a class places the student’s name on a waiting list for the course. Availability of a warranty seat in a course is determined only after the non-warranty students have been placed.
- Once admitted to the class, the returning warranty student would have all the rights and privileges as well as the responsibilities of degree students. A grade will be issued and will appear on the student’s transcript. Warranty students may choose to take the course for a letter grade (not audit) or on a pass/fail basis. The student is required to follow University policies in making this choice.
- If a warranty student withdraws from a class, that course will count toward the total allotment of warranty courses. If a warranty student drops in the Add/Drop period (the first week of class), then the student may replace the course with another warranty course then or at another time.
- To sign up for a warranty seat, send an email to email@example.com the subject “Warranty Program.” Include your name, contact information, the desired warranty course information and possibly an alternate course. Your message must also contain the following statement.
I understand that the availability of a warranty seat in a course is determined only after the non-warranty students have been placed. Submitting my name only places it on a waiting list for the course in question.
Web Registration is not available for warranty courses. Students must register with the Graduate Program office.