Margaret McCoey, M.S.
Assistant Professor and CIS/ITL Graduate Director
Holroyd Science Center 125
Margaret McCoey completed her studies locally at La Salle and Villanova Universities. Currently, she is the Director of the Graduate Programs in Computer Information Science and Information Technology Leadership. She has worked professionally for a software development company, a defense contractor, and a private consulting firm. Her background includes development in operating systems, data management, human resources, finance, procurement, and sales. She has also developed very specialized systems for navigation, communication, and ordnance. She also have worked in quality assurance and testing groups, and her technology career includes 30 years of real system development. She taught as an adjunct instructor at La Salle from 1980-1998 and served as the Director of the Digital Arts and Multimedia Design Program from 1999-2005. She teaches courses for the computer science graduate and undergraduate programs here at La Salle.
Web site: http://www.lasalle.edu/~mccoey
Areas of Expertise
- Network Theory
- Technology Architecture
- M.S., Computer Science, Villanova University,1984
- B.A., Mathematics/Computer Science, La Salle University, 1979
- CIS 523 Data Processing and Database Management Systems
- CIS 540 Network Theory
- CIS 623 Database Services Development using Microsoft Tools
- CIS 627 Web Services Development
- INL 631 Technology Architectures
- INL 880 Integrative Capstone
- CSC 151 Introduction to Computing using Packages
- CSC 152 Introduction to Computing: Mathematics/Science Packages
- CSC 155 Introduction to Computing for Business
- CSC 240 Database Management Systems
- CSIT 220 Data Communication Networks
- CSIT 422 Introduction to Information Security
R. Kirsch and M. McCoey, “DArt History: A ten year retrospective.” Conference Proceedings Hawaii Conference on Arts and Humanities, January, 2008.
T. Blum and M. McCoey, “On Teaching Web Scripting to Multimedia Students.” SIGITE NewsLetter, January, 2007.
T. Blum and M. McCoey, “Incorporating Business into a Computer Science Curriculum: A Multi-Tiered Approach,” Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges. Volume 22, Issue 3. January, 2007.
Member, Society for Information Management
Member, Alliance Committee, Society for Information Management