Students who are majoring in other fields and who are also interested in issues of justice and crime may wish to minor in Criminal Justice. The minor can also provide exposure to the foundations of substantive and procedural criminal law, for students contemplating law school.
Six courses are required for the minor:
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Criminology (theories of criminal deviance)
- Criminal Law (definitions of crimes, and legal limits on creating crimes)
- Police: Organization and Function
- Criminal Courts
- Institutional and Community Corrections (includes study of prisons/jails)