Direct Deposit Information
Chapters 30, 33, 35, 1606, and 1607 may receive their education benefit payments by direct deposit. It is critical that students keep their direct deposit information (account number, 9-digit bank routing number and type of account) current at all times.
- Chapters 30, 1606, and 1607 may change their direct deposit information on WAVE or by calling 1-877-838-2778.
- Chapter 33 students do not currently have access to WAVE so they must use the 1-877-838-2778 number to change their direct deposit information.
- Chapter 35 students may sign up for direct deposit by using VA Form 24-0296, or by calling 1-888-442-4551.
Change of Address
All students receiving education benefits must have a current address on file at the VA.
- Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 students may update their address on WAVE or by calling 1-888-442-4551.
- Chapter 33 and 35 students may update their address by calling 1-888-442-4551.
Certifying Officials using VA-ONCE should update the student’s address on the Bio screen as soon as they know of the change however it is not necessary to send an enrollment certification to the VA simply to change the address. The address will be changed the next time an enrollment certification is submitted.