ARMY NURSE CORPS ASSOCIATION
CAPTAIN JOSHUA M. MCCLIMANS, AN
2012 MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Army Nurse Corps Association (ANCA) is sending this e-mail to remind you about the Scholarship Program for baccalaureate or higher degree nursing and anesthesia students. In 2012, ANCA will be selecting up to 15 students to receive $3,000 scholarships.
To be eligible, applicants should meet one of the following criteria:
- Nursing or anesthesia students who plan to enter a component of the US Army and are enrolled in a program not funded by a component of the US Army.
- Nursing or anesthesia students who have previously served in a component of the US Army.
- Army Nurse Corps officers in a component of the US Army enrolled in a baccalaureate or graduate nursing or nurse anesthesia program not funded by a component of the US Army.
- Army enlisted soldiers in a component of the US Army enrolled in a baccalaureate nursing program not funded by a component of the US Army.
- Nursing or anesthesia students whose parent(s), spouse and/or children are or have served in a component of the US Army.
For 2012, the scholarship program is named in memory of Captain Joshua M. McClimans, a member of the United States Army Reserve who, in April 2011, gave his life for his country during his deployment to Afghanistan. He was a native of Jamestown, PA and a graduate of the University Of Akron School Of Nursing in Ohio.
The attached flyer provides additional information about the Scholarship Program. This flyer and the ANCA 2012 Scholarship Program Guidelines and Application, are available on the ANCA website at http://e-anca.org under the heading "Scholarships". Further information can also be obtained by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.