Authentication for Non-U.S. Countries — Apostille
On October 15, 1981, the United States became a member of the 1961 Hague Convention which abolished the requirement of legalization for foreign public documents. The Convention provides for the simplified certification of public (including notarized) documents to be used in countries that have joined the convention. Documents destined for use in participating Hague countries and their territories require an Apostille issued by the U.S. Department of State.
Below are the steps necessary to obtain an Apostille:
- Complete an Authorization Form in addition to either an Apostille diploma form and/or Apostille transcript form, depending on the document required for Apostille. An Authorization form is required for each diploma/transcript ordered (if you order one diploma and one transcript you will need two Authorization forms. Click on links below for forms.
- Authorization form
- Diploma order
- Transcript order
- Payment for the Apostille process may be made by check payable to “La Salle University”. If a check is not possible, a second option would be to wire the fee. Please click here for wiring instructions. If you choose to wire your fee, please first email Registrar_Office@lasalle.edu to alert us before the wire is sent.
Apostille transcript - $50.00 per transcript
Apostille diploma - $100.00 per diploma
- Mail all forms and check to:
La Salle University
Box 818 — Jean Landis
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
- Once we have received all required documents and fee:
- Your diploma and/or transcript will be ordered. Diplomas take 2-3 weeks for printing.
- Documents are then notarized.
- The notarized documents will then be sent to the Pennsylvania Department of State.
After the processing at the State Department (typically 5-7 business days), the documents will be sent back to the address you printed on the “Apostille Form - Request for Legalization of Documents
Please note the Apostille process may take up to 7 weeks once the initial request is received in the Registrar’s Office. All questions concerning the Apostille process may be emailed to Registrar@lasalle.edu
**For diplomas that do not need an Apostille please order via the Replacement diploma webpage
**For transcripts that do not need an Apostille please order via the Transcript webpage