Lester Barenbaum, Ph.D.
Professor of Finance
Office: College Hall 422D
Dr. Barenbaum is a Professor of Finance. He teaches Financial Management and Financial Statement Analysis at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Dr. Barenbaum received the Lindback Award for distinguished teaching.
Dr. Barenbaum is also a Managing Director of Financial Research Associates, a litigation support firm. He has been qualified and has testified in the following states: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Connecticut, Florida, Virginia, California, and Massachusetts.
Areas of Expertise
- Valuation of closely-held businesses
- Valuation and analysis of employee stock options
- Determination & measurement of economic damages
- Ph. D., Economics, Rutgers University
- M. A., Economics, Rutgers University
- BBA, Economics, Bernard M. Baruch College, CUNY
- Financial Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Crown Holdings
- Janssen Pharmaceutical
- McNeil Pharmaceutical
"The Sovereign Wealth Fund Controversy: Issues and Suggestions,” Journal of Applied Business and Economics, Volume 11 (2) 2010, co-authored with Walt Schubert.
“Measuring Blockage Discounts,” co-authored with Walt Schubert, Valuation Strategies, January/February 2009.
“Equity-Based Executive Compensation,” co-authored with Walt Schubert, Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, Fall 2008.
“Real Options and Public Sector Capital Project Decision Making,” Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management, 2007, co-authored with Walt Schubert.
“Valuing Stock Options with a Lattice Model,” co-authored with Walter Schubert and Bonnie O’Rourke, ASA, The CPA Journal, December 2004.
“Modern Financial Engineering and Discounts: The Collar Message,” co-authored with Walt Schubert, Business Valuation Review, March, 2004.
Family Lawyer’s Guide to Employee Stock Options, American Bar Association, 2007 with Walter Schubert and Robert Feder Esq.
Dr. Barenbaum has addressed the following professional and academic organizations on valuation of businesses, professional practices, and intangible assets:
- American Bar Association
- American Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Appraisers
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Professional Education
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants