La Salle University

Undergraduate Admissions
International Students

Financial Aid FAQs

General Information

» What are the deadlines to apply for Aid?
» What is the La Salle overaward policy?
» What is an independent student?
» What is my aid eligibilty if I am in a preparatory program or am taking prerequisites to get into a Master’s program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the Teacher Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the ESL Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking Post-Master’s classes in Psychology for state licensure?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking courses for a graduate certificate program?
» What if I withdraw from all my courses?
» What are some of the reasons I might see a change in my financial aid package from last year?
» What does my acceptance status mean to me, and how does it affect my financial aid eligibility? 

Scholarships, Grants, Discounts, and Tax Credits

» What about scholarships for returning students?
» What is the Hope Scholarship/Lifetime Learning Credit?
» What is the PA New Economy Tech Scholarship?
» What about my PHEAA State Grant?
» What is the discount for members of religious orders and Catholic school teachers?

Credit Balances: Refunds and Money for Books

» What if I need money for books?
» How do I get my refund and money for books?

Reading Bills: Memos and Credits

» What are those credits and memos on my bill?

Special Circumstances
» I have special circumstances, what do I do?
» Will I be eligible for financial aid if I repeat a course that I already passed?

Accessing Information Online

» How can Brother Luwis answer my aid questions?

Employee Tuition Benefits

What is a Faculty/Staff Dependent Grant?
A Faculty/Staff Dependent Grant is a La Salle University employee benefit that allows the dependents of La Salle University employees to pursue a first baccalaureate degree at La Salle University. Additionally, dependent children may be eligible to attend other cooperating post-secondary institutions through the Tuition Exchange Program.

Who are considered eligible dependents?
Eligible dependents are either spouses or dependent children of La Salle University employees who have been employed full-time for a minimum of five years at the University. Previous full-time employment at another college or university may be applied to the five year waiting period.
Dependent children are defined by the standards of the Internal Revenue Service for the tax year immediately proceeding the academic year. The dependent student cannot already possess a baccalaureate degree.

How many courses may a dependent take per semester?
Eligible dependent students may enroll full-time (12-18 credits).

What does the Faculty/Staff dependent grant cover?
The grant covers tuition costs and education-related fees. The grant is limited to full-time tuition; it will not cover additional charges if a student registers for an overload.  The Grant also does not cover late fees. 
The employee is responsible for paying the student activity fee and any other fees not directly associated with education.

Where may dependent students take courses?
Spouses and children of employees may only enroll in courses at La Salle University in either the Undergraduate Day Division or Undergraduate Evening and Weekend Programs. Dependent children may also attend as undergraduate day students at other cooperating post-secondary institutions through the Tuition Exchange Program.

How do I apply for the Faculty/Staff Dependent Grant?
For attendance at La Salle University, students must first be accepted by the Office of Admission or the Office of Adult Enrollment. Employees with eligible dependents must then complete the Employee Verification Form.  This form, together with a copy of the employee's latest Federal income tax form and a copy of the student's bill, needs to be forwarded to the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will confirm eligibility and notify the Financial Aid Office to credit the student's account. The Employee Verification Form needs to be completed for each semester in which the student is applying for benefits. The Financial Aid Office must be notified if the student drops or adds courses so that their benefits can be adjusted.