La Salle University

Undergraduate Admissions
International Students

Financial Aid FAQs

General Information

» What are the deadlines to apply for Aid?
» What is the La Salle overaward policy?
» What is an independent student?
» What is my aid eligibilty if I am in a preparatory program or am taking prerequisites to get into a Master’s program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the Teacher Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the ESL Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking Post-Master’s classes in Psychology for state licensure?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking courses for a graduate certificate program?
» What if I withdraw from all my courses?
» What are some of the reasons I might see a change in my financial aid package from last year?
» What does my acceptance status mean to me, and how does it affect my financial aid eligibility? 

Scholarships, Grants, Discounts, and Tax Credits

» What about scholarships for returning students?
» What is the Hope Scholarship/Lifetime Learning Credit?
» What is the PA New Economy Tech Scholarship?
» What about my PHEAA State Grant?
» What is the discount for members of religious orders and Catholic school teachers?

Credit Balances: Refunds and Money for Books

» What if I need money for books?
» How do I get my refund and money for books?

Reading Bills: Memos and Credits

» What are those credits and memos on my bill?

Special Circumstances
» I have special circumstances, what do I do?
» Will I be eligible for financial aid if I repeat a course that I already passed?

Accessing Information Online

» How can Brother Luwis answer my aid questions?

How to apply for a budget job:

A Budget job allows a student to work on campus and be paid through the department's individual budget. You do not have to be eligible for Federal Work Study to apply for a budget position.

  1. You can view all Budget jobs in the Working on Campus section of the Financial Aid website.

  2. Each individual job is listed with a brief job description.

  3. When you find a job for which you are interested, you must contact the person listed as the supervisor in that particular office to apply.

  4. If you are hired for the position, your next step is to come to the Office of Financial Aid and fill out a Budget Job form. This form is available in the Forms section of the Financial Aid website.

  5. Your supervisor will complete this form, and you will return it to the Office of Financial Aid.

  6. After the Office of Financial Aid signs the Budget Job Form, your last step is to take it to Human Resources. Their office is located on the first floor of the Administration Building.
Please note that first time student workers must provide certain documents to the Office of Human Resources to prove eligibility to be employed in the United States.