La Salle University

Undergraduate Admissions
International Students

Financial Aid FAQs

General Information

» What are the deadlines to apply for Aid?
» What are the different types of Aid?
» What is the La Salle overaward policy?
» What is verification?
» What is an independent student?
» Office Hours and Telephone Numbers?
» What is my aid eligibilty if I am in a preparatory program or am taking prerequisites to get into a Master’s program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the Teacher Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the ESL Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking Post-Master’s classes in Psychology for state licensure?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking courses for a graduate certificate program?
» What if I withdraw from all my courses?
» What are some of the reasons I might see a change in my financial aid package from last year?
» What does my acceptance status mean to me, and how does it affect my financial aid eligibility? 

Scholarships, Grants, Discounts, and Tax Credits

» What about scholarships for returning students?
» What is the Hope Scholarship/Lifetime Learning Credit?
» What is the PA New Economy Tech Scholarship?
» What about my PHEAA State Grant?
» What is the discount for members of religious orders and Catholic school teachers?

Student Jobs On Campus

» How do I apply for Budget jobs?
 » How do I apply for Federal Work Study jobs?

Co-ops and Study Abroad Programs

» How do I get aid for study abroad?
» What if I do a co-op?

Credit Balances: Refunds and Money for Books

» What if I need money for books?
» How do I get my refund and money for books?

Reading Bills: Memos and Credits

» What are those credits and memos on my bill?

Special Circumstances and Academic Progress

» I have special circumstances, what do I do?
» What academic progress must I make?
» Will I be eligible for financial aid if I repeat a course that I already passed?

Employee Tuition Benefits

» What are the employee tuition benefits?
» What are the tuition benefits for employee dependents?
» What is Tuition Exchange?

Accessing Information Online

» How can Brother Luwis answer my aid questions?


What are some of the reasons I might see a change in my financial aid package from last year?

There are several reasons why you might have a change in your financial aid package including changes in enrollment status, housing status, or division. 

For aid purposes, undergraduate students may be eligible for federal grant funds with as few as three credits, while federal loan eligibility begins at six credits (half-time status).  Institutional aid may be available to undergraduate students enrolled for a minimum of twelve credits (full-time status).  Some exceptions apply.  Graduate students are eligible for federal loans when enrolled for at least three credits. 

A change of aid may also result if a student changes his or her housing status.  For example:  switching from resident to commuter, or vice versa, may cause the aid to change accordingly. 

Students who switch divisions from the day program to the evening program may not be eligible to receive certain pieces of institutional aid.  Students considering switching divisions should contact Financial Aid to discuss possible financial aid implications.