La Salle University

Undergraduate Admissions
International Students

Financial Aid FAQs

General Information

» What are the deadlines to apply for Aid?
» What is the La Salle overaward policy?
» What is an independent student?
» What is my aid eligibilty if I am in a preparatory program or am taking prerequisites to get into a Master’s program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the Teacher Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the ESL Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking Post-Master’s classes in Psychology for state licensure?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking courses for a graduate certificate program?
» What if I withdraw from all my courses?
» What are some of the reasons I might see a change in my financial aid package from last year?
» What does my acceptance status mean to me, and how does it affect my financial aid eligibility? 

Scholarships, Grants, Discounts, and Tax Credits

» What about scholarships for returning students?
» What is the Hope Scholarship/Lifetime Learning Credit?
» What is the PA New Economy Tech Scholarship?
» What about my PHEAA State Grant?
» What is the discount for members of religious orders and Catholic school teachers?

Credit Balances: Refunds and Money for Books

» What if I need money for books?
» How do I get my refund and money for books?

Reading Bills: Memos and Credits

» What are those credits and memos on my bill?

Special Circumstances
» I have special circumstances, what do I do?
» Will I be eligible for financial aid if I repeat a course that I already passed?

Accessing Information Online

» How can Brother Luwis answer my aid questions?

Applying for a Federal Work Study Job:

Federal Work Study is a need-based employment program administered by the University. Priority is given to full-time students who submit their FAFSA and Institutional Data Form (IDF) on time.

  1. You must be offered Federal Work Study as a part of your financial aid package. You can verify this by looking on your financial aid award letter or viewing your financial aid, through the La Salle portal, within the Br. LUWIS section.

  2. You can view a listing of all Work Study jobs and their descriptions here.

  3. When you find a job in which you are interested, you must contact the person listed as the supervisor in that particular office to apply.

  4. Once you have secured a position, your next step is to come to the Office of Financial Aid and pick up a Work Study Authorization form.

  5. Your supervisor will complete this form and you will take it to the Office of Human Resources. This Office may require additional information such as a driver's license and social security card for first time student workers.

If you are not offered Work Study, you can work under the Budget program. These jobs can also be viewed in the Working on Campus section of the Financial Aid website.