La Salle University

Undergraduate Admissions
International Students

Financial Aid FAQs

General Information

» What are the deadlines to apply for Aid?
» What are the different types of Aid?
» What is the La Salle overaward policy?
» What is verification?
» What is an independent student?
» Office Hours and Telephone Numbers?
» What is my aid eligibilty if I am in a preparatory program or am taking prerequisites to get into a Master’s program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the Teacher Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am in the ESL Certification Program?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking Post-Master’s classes in Psychology for state licensure?
» What is my aid eligibility if I am taking courses for a graduate certificate program?
» What if I withdraw from all my courses?
» What are some of the reasons I might see a change in my financial aid package from last year?
» What does my acceptance status mean to me, and how does it affect my financial aid eligibility? 

Scholarships, Grants, Discounts, and Tax Credits

» What about scholarships for returning students?
» What is the Hope Scholarship/Lifetime Learning Credit?
» What is the PA New Economy Tech Scholarship?
» What about my PHEAA State Grant?
» What is the discount for members of religious orders and Catholic school teachers?

Student Jobs On Campus

» How do I apply for Budget jobs?
 » How do I apply for Federal Work Study jobs?

Co-ops and Study Abroad Programs

» How do I get aid for study abroad?
» What if I do a co-op?

Credit Balances: Refunds and Money for Books

» What if I need money for books?
» How do I get my refund and money for books?

Reading Bills: Memos and Credits

» What are those credits and memos on my bill?

Special Circumstances and Academic Progress

» I have special circumstances, what do I do?
» What academic progress must I make?
» Will I be eligible for financial aid if I repeat a course that I already passed?

Employee Tuition Benefits

» What are the employee tuition benefits?
» What are the tuition benefits for employee dependents?
» What is Tuition Exchange?

Accessing Information Online

» How can Brother Luwis answer my aid questions?

Special Circumstances and Financial Aid

Some families experience significant income reductions that the Office of Financial Aid can take into consideration. The most common situation is a significant drop in income from the income reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This may occur if someone loses his/her job or there is an illness that results in loss of wages or death of a wage earner. Please complete the Special Conditions Form and forward it to the Office of Financial Aid for review.

Other special circumstances that are considered are separation or divorce. If the student includes spousal information or the parents are still married when the FAFSA is filed, the Office of Financial Aid can consider removing the income of the spouse or the non-custodial parent from the calculation of the student’s financial need. However, all support provided by the spouse or the non-custodial parent must be reported. To ask for consideration for this special circumstance, please complete a Special Conditions Form.

If you have any other special circumstances, you should notify the Office of Financial Aid. Please write a letter that details your situation and forward it to the Office of Financial Aid for review by the Appeals Committee.

If you are awarded any additional financial aid, you will receive a revised financial aid letter. Please note that even though your special circumstances may increase your eligibility for aid, there may not be enough funding to meet your needs.