Each year, La Salle University awards merit-based Christian Brothers’ Scholarships to incoming freshmen. These awards provide full tuition for up to four years of undergraduate study at La Salle.
At a Glance
- Award Amount: Full base tuition
- For first-time freshmen
- Separate application required
- Deadline: January 15th
Eligibility: Students must be accepted to La Salle University in order to qualify for the Christian Brothers’ Scholarship. These scholarships are open to all incoming freshmen who approximate the following minimum qualifications:
- Academic rank in the top ten students, or first decile of your high school senior class
- Standardized test scores that total approximately the following:
- Old SAT 1300
- New SAT 1360
- 29 ACT
- Potential for academic and extracurricular leadership as evidenced by honors and awards, activities, letters of recommendation, and a personal essay.
Requirements: Christian Brothers’ Scholarships are valued at the amount of the annual full tuition and are renewable each year for four years if normal progress is being made toward the degree and if the student maintains a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
In addition to the completed application for admission to La Salle, each candidate must submit the following credentials for the review of the scholarship selection committee:
- The completed, separate Christian Brothers’ Scholarship application
- An additional essay of 500 to 1000 words on a designated topic
- Letters of recommendation from two additional individuals of the applicant’s choice
Application materials are to be received at La Salle no later than January 15: