The concentration in History consists of four courses, selected from the following list of six courses: HIS 510, HIS 610, HIS 615, HIS 620, HIS 630, HIS 640. Each course combines historical content knowledge with effective pedagogical techniques; the 510 (Historiography) explores successive “schools” of historical interpretation, and the 640 (Visualizing History) incorporates factual content illuminated by videos, photographs, posters, etc.).
Choose four courses from the following list:
- HIS 510 Historiography
- HIS 610 Readings in American History
- HIS 615 History of Philadelphia
- HIS 620 Readings in European History
- HIS 630 Readings in World History
- HIS 640 Visualizing History