Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
Office: Wister 232
Dr. Moon is interested in measurement issues in various psychological studies and applied settings. His primary interest lies on the measures of emotional regulation (including measurement issues such as emotional intelligence). Currently, he is working on a manuscript investigating psychometric issues in EQ measures. Also, he is working on measurement equivalency issues (structural equation modeling approach to reliability issues) in organizational settings. This study is based on probably the largest data in the history of psychology (over 650K samples!). Because Dr. Moon is interested in basic measurement, statistical, and methodological issues, he has worked on many diverse projects as a methodology/statistics expert.
Areas of Expertise
basic measurement, statistical, and methodological issues
- B.A. Psychology, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- M.A. Psychology (Industrial/Organizational), Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- Ph.D. Psychology (Industrial/Organizational), The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
- PSY 770: Measurement and Statistics
- PSY 771: Research Methods II: Statistics and Measurement
- PSY 330: Research Methods I
- PSY 331: Research Methods II
- PSY 230: Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- PSY 225: Social Psychology
Moon, S. M., & Illingworth, A. J. (2005). Exploring the dynamic nature of procrastination: A latent growth curve analysis of academic procrastination. Personality and Individual Differences, 38, 297-309.
Moon, S. M., & Lord, R. G. (2006). Individual differences in automatic and controlled regulation of emotion and task performance. Human Performance, 19(4), 327-356.
O'Hea, E. L., Moon, S., Grothe, K., Boudreaux, E. D., Bodenlos, J., Wallston, K., & Brantley, P. J. (2009). The interaction of locus of control, self-efficacy, and outcome expectancy in relation to HbA1c in medically underserved individuals with type 2 diabetes. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 32, 106-117.
Morelli, N., Illingworth, A. J., Moon, S. M., Scott, J. C., & Boyd, S. (2013). Equivalence of Assessments on Mobile Devices: A Replication and Extension. Proposal accepted for presentation at the annual meeting of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Houston, TX.
Division of Evaluation, Measurement and Statistics (APA Division 5)
Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (APA Division 14)
Association for Psychological Science, Member
Programs offered at:
- Main Campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Bucks County Center in Newtown, Pennsylvania
- Montgomery County Center in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Donna A. Tonrey, Psy.D., LMFT, LPC
Counseling and Family Therapy
Office: Wister Hall, Room 208
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.