Kimberly E. Lewinski
Office: Olney 261
I am an Assistant Professor of Education for La Salle University and a researcher and participant for the Writers Matter Program. Prior to this, I was a graduate student at University of Virginia where I served on a Writing Across the Curriculum research team for three years and was an instructor of literacy courses at James Madison University. I also have seven years of full-time teaching experience at the elementary level. My scholarship interests are in writing across the curriculum and creative pedagogy.
Active in the literacy field, I am a member of many national and local literacy agency including National Council of Teachers of English, International Reading Association, Association of Teacher Educators and Association of Literacy Educators and Researchers.
Areas of Expertise
- Elementary Education
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction, University of Virginia
- M.A., Education, University of Virginia
- B.A., Elementary Education, The Catholic University of America
- Foundations of Literacy
- Reading, Writing, Thinking in the Content Areas
- Reading and writing in the Elementary/Special Ed Classroom
- Reading Practicum
- Lewinski, K (2012, February). Professional Development that Works. Association of Teacher Educators. San Antonio, TX.
- Lewinski, K., & Thunder, K. (2011, November). Multigenre Research Leads to Multigenre Teaching. National Council of Teachers of English. Chicago, IL.
- Lewinski, K (2011, November). Multigenre Writing with Pre-service Teachers: Learning about Reading and Writing in the Content Area. Association of Literacy Educators and Researchers. Richmond, VA.
- Association of Literacy Educators and Research, Program Committee Review
- Literacy Research Association Yearbook, Editorial Review Board Member
- Upper Dublin School District, PTO Member
Outside interests and hobbies
Greer Richardson, Ph.D.
La Salle University
Graduate Programs in Education
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.