PA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION CERTIFICATION ONLY
SPECIAL EDUCATION (PRE K-8)
Using a schedule that accommodates those already employed as teachers, this program is designed to be responsive to requirements promulgated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (Division of Teacher Education-Bureau of Teacher Certification and Preparation) requiring that special education teachers be certified according to specific competencies set forth in the regulations. Upon successful completion of this program, candidates are certified to teach PreK-8 special education.
Students can earn either a Master of Arts in Education with Certification in Special Education (33 credits) or Certification only in Special Education (24 credits).
In addition to the standard admission requirements for Graduate Education, applicants must also provide a valid teaching certificate or evidence of completion of all requirements for certification, including passing scores on all relevant PRAXIS exams.
- EDC 510 Human Exceptionalities
- EDC 619 Literacy Difficulties: Diagnosis and Instruction
- EDC 644 Assessing the Abilities of All Learners
- EDC 667 Implementing the IEP in the Inclusive Classroom
- BLS 601 Techniques of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
The Inclusion Practicum
- EDC 643 Developing and Adjusting Instruction
- EDC 645 Planning and Instruction for Students with Special Needs
- EDC 661 Teaching Across the Continuum of Student Needs
Greer Richardson, Ph.D.
La Salle University
Graduate Programs in Education
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.