Non-matriculating degree students will have the option of enrolling in a series of courses leading to a Certificate in one of four areas:
- European History
- American History
- World History
- Teaching Advanced Placement History
This option will appeal especially to educators seeking to qualify for Act 48 or “highly qualified” status.
Under this plan, students will complete the following four (4) courses:
- History 510 (Historiography)
- History 610, 620, 630 (One Course in Chosen Area)
- History Elective (Area Specific)
- History Elective (Area Specific) or Teaching of Advanced Placement History (EDC 772, 773, or 779)
With the approval of the Director, students who earn a certificate may apply the four courses toward either the M.A. in History or the M.A. in History for Educators.
George B. Stow, Ph.D.
La Salle University
Graduate Programs in History
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.