The Admission Committee of the One-Year MBA Program is concerned with each applicant's interest, aptitude, and potential for achievement in graduate business studies. The Admission Committee considers the above factors and attempts to achieve some reasonable geographic distribution among countries and continents when accepting full-time MBA students. Formal work experience is not required.
The program is structured to accommodate students with various undergraduate degrees. Students with the proper academic background can only enter the program in the Fall. Students who require the pre-MBA may enroll for these courses in spring or summer. All candidates must have completed a four year undergraduate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution of higher learning to qualify for admission.
Application Procedures and Deadlines
Although there are no formal application deadlines, we recommend that all information be received in the Office of Graduate Enrollment by August 1. .
All applicants must submit the following items:
- Application Form. Applicants are required to apply online.
- Test scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Note: These scores must be forwarded from the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) to the Office of Graduate Enrollment at La Salle University. For regional customer service contact information please visit www.mba.com/mba/Customer Service. La Salle's school code for reporting scores is 548-KK-38. The University does not accept scores directly from students. rr
- Test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) www.ets.org/gre. Note: These test scores must be forwarded from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to the Office of Graduate Enrollment at La Salle University. La Salle’s code for reporting the GRE is 2362. The University does not accept scores directly from students.
- GMAT/GRE Waiver: Effective Fall 2012 applicants with an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB accredited program who have a minimum overall GPA of 3.2 or above will be granted a GMAT/GRE waiver. (See below for further details.)
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended.
All documents should be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Enrollment
La Salle University – Box 826
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141-1199
215.951.1100 / Fax 215.951.1462
In addition to the requirements above, international candidates are required to:
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have their test scores forwarded to the Office of Graduate Enrollment at La Salle University by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), in Princeton, New Jersey, USA (1-800-257-9547).
- Take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS, www.ielts.org) and have their test scores forwarded to the Office of Graduate Enrollment at La Salle University.
- Note: The TOEFL and IELTS exams are not required when the applicant has an undergraduate degree from a university in the United States. See below for further information on the TOEFL/IELTS requirements.
- Have their academic credentials from foreign institutions evaluated course-by-course by World Education Services (www.wes.org) or a similar organization. The evaluation must be sent to La Salle by the agency. We must have your third party evaluation to process your application.
- Submit a Statement of Financial Responsibility Form, which may be obtained from the Multicultural & International Center at La Salle or downloaded here. Click here
Upon receipt of the documents above, candidates are interviewed by phone or in person (whenever feasible) prior to final admission decisions.
Because each applicant's background and profile is unique, the Admission Committee does not establish specific quantitative minimum requirements for admission; however, it does adhere to the accreditation standards established by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business.
La Salle University does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Admission is based solely upon an applicant's qualifications.
Graduate Management Admission Test
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is designed to assess capabilities which are important in the study of management at the graduate level. The GMAT is sponsored and controlled by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) and is administered by Pearson/VUE. For more information about the GMAT, visit www.mba.com.
La Salle offers workshops for anyone interested in preparing for the GMAT exam. La Salle’s school code for the GMAT exam is 548-KK-38. With permission of the Director of the appropriate Graduate Business Program, test scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) may be accepted.
Waiver of the GMAT or GRE Requirement
Traditionally, only applicants possessing a Master’s or Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) may be considered for a GMAT/GRE waiver.
Effective fall 2012 applicants with an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB accredited program who have a minimum overall GPA of 3.2 or above will also be granted a GMAT/GRE waiver.
AACSB Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than 5% of the world's 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB Accreditation.
Click here to see if your undergraduate business program is AACSB accredited.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exams are required of all applicants whose native language is not English. The test requirement may be waived in certain cases where English language proficiency can otherwise be demonstrated. The minimum scores for the TOEFL are: 230 Computer-based score, and 88Internet-based score. The minimum score for the IELTS is 6.5.
Students who do not meet our requirements for English language should contact the ELI/Plus Program at La Salle.
An applicant may request the transfer of graduate credit(s) earned at another institution. Each request will be evaluated on it own merits. Grades accepted for transfer must be "B" or better. A maximum of 6 credits on the graduate level (600-level) will be accepted for transfer purposes.
Elizabeth Scofield, MBA
MBA - Full Time Graduate Studies
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.